Mountie Academic Plan Logo

Mountie Academic Plan (MAP)

What is the Mountie Academic Plan or MAP?

MAP is Mt. San Antonio College’s new online degree audit and educational planning tool. MAP allows you to:

    • View your degree audit worksheet which details your progress—course by course—towards your declared degree objective (associate’s or certificate of achievement) at Mt. SAC;
    • View your progress in the CSU general education and/or IGETC patterns for transfer;
    • View your educational plan (developed with your counselor);
    • Track your CSU, UC, and Mt. SAC degree-applicable GPA and overall GPA based on your Mt. SAC coursework;
    • Run “what if” scenarios to see how close you are to completing other degrees and certificates to compare options.

How do I access MAP?

  1. Login to with your Username and Password.
  2. Click on the Student tab and scroll down the Student Self Service Box to #43 MAP.
  3. Your Student ID, name, and current major will appear and you will be on the Worksheet tab of MAP.
  4. If you have a selected major, a degree audit will appear for that major. The audit will show both General Education and major requirements for an associate degree or course requirements for a certificate. If you have not selected a major or if you want to view a different major, run the What If option below.
  5. To view degree requirements for a What If major:
      • Click on What If on the left side, go to pull down menus
      • Select one of the degrees, certificates or transfers from the Ed Goal drop-down menu.
      • The Catalog Year shown reflects the current catalog year. You may choose another catalog year that you are eligible for if desired.
      • Select desired What-if Major from pull-down menu.
      • Click Process What If button to view results.
      • Click Print in the menu at the top of the page if you would like to print a copy for your reference.
  1. If you’ve had a MAP educational plan completed by a counselor, you can view the current plan by clicking on the Planner tab.


Have questions about MAP? Make an appointment to see a counselor to review your MAP and find your educational destination! Call (909)274-4380 or stop by the Counseling Department in the Student Services Center, Second Floor.