Math 71A SLO and CMO
MATH 71A SLO
- Students will be able to solve a wide variety of equations without being given the
type of equation.
- Students will be able to factor a wide variety of polynomials.
- Students will be able to solve a wide variety of equations without being told what
type of equation they are solving.
MATH 71A CMO
- Solve the following types of equations in one variable: polynomial, absolute value,
and rational. Solve applications involving polynomial and rational equations. Solve
- Define a function and its domain and range, find the domain of a function involving
rational expressions. Perform operations on functions.
- Solve linear inequalities. Solve compound inequalities.
- Solve linear in two variables; also, linear systems in three variables. Solve applications
using linear systems.
- Construct, interpret and analyze graphs for the following: linear and quadratic equations,
linear inequalities, and linear systems. Find the equation of a line given facts about
- Use the rules for exponents to simplify expressions.
- Add, subtract, multiply, divide, and factor polynomials.
- Simplify and perform operations on rational expressions. Simplify complex fractions.